In the current economic climate, more and more businesses and workers are looking for the advice and services of employment attorneys for a variety of reasons.
Here’s what sort of issues an employment attorney can assist you with.
1. You may believe that you have a case for unfair dismissal. Maybe you’re been accused of something, or believe that you have been hounded out or unfairly treated.
2. As an employer, then you’re going to need to make sure your contracts are legal and enforceable. You won’t want a technicality to imply that staff do or do not have to work overtime, or are paid more or less expenses.
3. You’ll want to make sure that your staff handbooks are legal, and that staff know what is expected of them at all times. You may have to upgrade it regularly based upon your business, or where you work.
4. As an employer or employee, you’ll need to be aware of company policies like the usage of computers and mobile phones, so you know just how and when they may be used, and what for. In addition, other policies may also have to get introduced or enforced in your workplace.
5. You’ll need to be certain your recruitment policy is valid, and that you’re not discriminating against groups of individuals, or searching over individuals who are suitable for promotion.
6. As an employer or worker you’ll want to understand more about the business redundancy policy should you think that your company isn’t performing as well as was expected. Perhaps some still will want to create redundant, and if that’s you, you’re going to want to be sure that you get everything you are legally entitled to.
7. You will have to ensure that the business is enforcing an equal rights policy, so there’s no discrepancy between the pay and terms of staff doing the same job. Employment law solicitors offer advice on no win no fee compensation claims in the Tribunal, if you believe you have a circumstance.
8. If you do not get a satisfactory result, then you might want to find out if an employment attorney can assist you.
9. As an employer, there are many lots of laws that will affect you in your day to day functioning of your company, and you also can not be expected to understand them all. Your employment law attorney will be able to give you the advice and help you need, so that you can be concerned about running your business, rather than falling foul of this law.
10. In addition to being important at work, employment law is also important in education surroundings also. Staff recruitment, pay and conditions and equivalent rights are equally as important as particular education law issues.